Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Still no pictures.

I'm going to have to spend a seriously large chunk of time attempting to fix my laptop. This is not something I have time for right now! Well, really, when does one have time for such a thing? Roughly never. Other things I have no time for: the creative journey, enlightenment, changing the light bulbs, clipping the cats' claws (there are four cats, folks; guess how many enjoy claw clipping time?), knitting socks.

So I cast on some socks. Wouldn't you? I received my order of hand-dyed FLY sock yarn, on a cone as requested and it's enough for two pairs of socks and the color self patterns into something and I just had to see what the patterning would do. Now I have. (It makes teeny red and black stripes.) Back to the Bazic commission, which is going fine, thanks to some truly crazed weasel knitting I have been engaging in. Awesome progress on Hardangervidda (almost done with the body! whoo hoo!) (no, really, I mean it this time) and on the leaf cardigan (another band of leafyness done!).

When your distraction knitting is Scandinavian fair isle, does it mean you're a wacko? I was just wondering.

Anyway, hi, Ruby and hi Kat and hi everybody. The malabrigo is color Little lovely. I bought all they had. Sigh. Malabrigo. This is seriously wonderful stuff. Even if it is named after an overcoat.

New to me Stitch And Bitch - well, I've known about it but haven't been able to go - is Javaroom in Chelmsford, roughly dinner time. Wed. nights. Be there or don't. My Wed. evening class is done and voila, not enough people signed up for the next block of lessons, so my Wednesdays are free for other troublemaking. I'll be away this weekend getting in touch with my creativity, so I won't be at Borders on Sunday, but have fun, all you folks who're going.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lucia said...

Great, Liz, like I needed another source for crack sock yarn. Thanks for the Opal, anyway.

Guess who has choral rehearsal on Wed nights?

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're evil. But, thanks for the FLY link all the same.

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooops, wrong button. I'm the other Kat.

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum. Malabrigo.

Can't wait to meet you tonight (perhaps again, since we were both at the team boston party!)

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See you tonight! :)

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the laptop resuscitation!

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home