Friday, March 17, 2006



Still no pictures.

The crazed weasel is sad. I have not managed to find the zippered disc case with my OS backups, my Norton discs, etc., etc. - no esta aqui. Y es muy triste. Y entonces, no puedo Fix The Frigging Laptop. Ole. (Insert sad Spanish lament) (The Lament of the Crazed Weasel) (aka Cancion de la tristeza del Weasel) If I weren't so lame I'd put a link to a sound file here; imagine one, and pretend I did.

Did you know that one of the Powerpuff Girls has as one of her superpowers the ability to speak Spanish? I'm just saying.

On the bright side...the knitting meetup on Wed. night at Javaroom was great!
Huge thank you, you guys, everybody--I had a really good time. I missed knitting with Ruth and the rest of the gang that morning (which bummed me out, but that's the way it goes some days) so was in need of some knitting with others. So--Yay!-- met geekpixie, again, and saw Lynne, and I honestly have no idea what anybody else's name is because I sat in the corner and talked quietly for a long time. Jena? Hi? Julia? Am I destined to wave at you across rooms forever? Jeez. I promised Lauren I'd carry the amazingly cool free lace piece around with me for a few weeks, and I have been, so Lauren, I have a better chance of getting to Tuesday so maybe I'll see you then? This is what I mean - old pic:


Note: one of the funniest premises ever for a piece of theatre appears to have been presented a few years ago by a group including one of the Javaroom knitters, at the Edinburgh Fringe. It was a musical based on The Call of the Wild. Yes, the Jack London one. Woof. The chorus numbers alone defy imagining. Kind of like Cats, only with way more fur? Apparently there was a scene of wolves mating, accompanied by much barking. Howl! Howl! And Yikes!

Kat (the other Kat)--I will definitely post, update, & generally insert the information when I have a design workshop scheduled. It's solidifying in my head quite nicely. Once I get the current deadline done and delivered, I'll have more brainspace and actual time. Hey! I just planned something based on externally defined notions of time and space! Wow! I must be making progress!

And I'm off to Lenox today, people, for a workshop on creativity for the whole weekend. I'll miss knitting at Borders on Sunday (boo hoo) but it's going to be a Very Good Thing.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lucia said...

You may be sad, but I am jealous. A whole weekend of creativity? Me, I'll be spending the whole weekend with my brainchild the shawl, who has taken on a life of her own. Brainchildren do that, as you know.

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I laughed all the way home just thinking of that musical. I haven't laughed like that in a long time.

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would be me and my proud final theatre production in college.

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was really nice to meet you (again) too! I hope you get to join us again soon!

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh...a creativity workshop? Perhaps you will leave not only inspired, but also, full of creative ideas about where that disc case is.

Promise you'll tell us all about it when you come back!

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home