Monday, March 06, 2006





In spring, a knitter's thoughts turn to flights of fancy..

Well, these are the buttons about which I am excited and happy-dancing. I'm such a blogging newbie -- stuff like putting up things other than simple posts makes my poor little accountant's heart go pitter-pat--gee, can you tell? DH had to rescue the template yesterday when I (finally) deleted the ticker for the Knitting Olympics and accidentally deleted some very crucial html tag. It took him hours to track down what *wasn't* there. Thank you, dearest. Hope this time I get the buttons onto the sidebar without causing a meltdown.

It was simply spiffing to see people at Borders yesterday - and hi, Lynne, catch you next time. Kat came with her ball winder and swift, and of course there was all that knitting going on, so if we'd had Lynne's wheel, too, it'd be Knitters Taking Over the Whole Goddam Store. Thank you so much for all the kind words about my work, Jennifer and everybody. I'm away on a weekend workshop thing the next time we meet at Borders, so a Javaroom visit may be in order.

Anyhow, I blame the knitting circle for the Project Spectrum jump-on. Somebody pointed out that the work I was already doing was pink, as was part of the Olympic project (still, sadly, in progress) and the malabrigo (sharp intake of breath. malabrigo.), which is the color for this month, so why not make it a KAL? Why, indeed. Presto.
The Spring Forward is a similarly laid-back KAL with no actual start date determined yet. This is good, because here's how far I've gotten with the project: I have the pattern now, and I've decided to make it in Rowan All Season Cotton, and I established that I didn't like any of the colors on sale at Colourway. Um, that's all.

So then I ordered some Socks That Rock yarn from Blue Moon. I think I got a passel of this at Rhinebeck, but can't be sure. It was the most gorgeous stuff. I stood there with a total stranger, patting it, looking at the colors and saying, hm, I think if I get black, too, I can make some totally awesome stained glass socks. And this woman's eyes widen and as if in a trance, she says, oh, wow, me, too. So we both were in the zone, people, and there was no stoppin' us, me and whoever the hell that was. We was on fi-yah. (fsst) (this is a sizzling sound) (just use your imagination)

3 Comments:

Blogger Lucia said...

This is why yarn addiction is so dangerous: you can innocently touch a skein of yarn, and the next thing you know you're having SEX with a total stranger.

(Golly, I hope I'm not about to be investigated by some government agency...)

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nice to know that someone else fondles their fiber :) LOL I'll have to bring some of the alpaca fiber I just got back from the mill.

And I'm still waiting for that "stranger" Lucia!

I am going to try to make it Wed. to the Java room, so I hope to see you there.

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I've had my wheel in the Borders cafe before, actually. That's where I learned to spin. :-) Fun times.

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home