Saturday, February 25, 2006

Yowza.
Has it really been that long since my last post? How did that happen?

Oh, maybe the crazed knitting and posting on a whole bunch of email lists, that could be it. Oh, that. Oh.

Okay. I am not much further along on the leaf cardigan, but I am done with the stripey commissioned piece. So I am not anywhere near medaling in the Knitting Olympics. I am, however, really happy about how far I've gotten, and actually getting the paid work done, and it's been wicked fun. I think I'm actually gonna make it to the party with Team Boston--whoo! I'm in a groove with the stitch pattern on the leaf cardigan when I do get a chance to work on it (which I probably should do now instead of posting, but so what).

The technical term for this is bailing. But, oh, how spectacular is my wipe-out! I am the Sasha Cohen, falling-on-her-butt Olympic Knitter! I am so, so toast. It's okay, but wow, what a wipe-out.

Thanks, Kat and everybody. Lucia asked, so The Artist's Way is a book version of a creativity workshop. It's set up really nicely, with each chapter covering a week, and specific, useful things to do that (surprise!) are actually helpful. I'm enjoying the process. This is a kind of process I can cope with. Knitting as process, not so much.

Back to all the stuff - the way, way too large pile of stuff.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lucia said...

See you tomorrow, Liz! (I have permission to go as long as Boomer is feeling healthy, which he wasn't earlier this evening. In other words, a definite maybe.)

12:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice metting you at the Lcosing Ceremonies party! The leaf sweater is going to be fantastic.

5:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hell, I think you deserve an honorary medal for the amazing work you've done on the leaf cardigan -- it would have sent me round the bend very early on. Good job!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

I just want to say - that sweater is even more spectacular in person!

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home