Tuesday, February 28, 2006

You probably already knew this:
Pirate Monkey's Harry Potter Personality Quiz
Harry Potter Personality Quiz
by Pirate Monkeys Inc.

sigh. sigh. I knew it. sigh.

Well, on the plus side, I seem to be perfectly capable of inspiring fear in others when the situation calls for it (note to self: "situation calling for it" not a thing most people would consider an option) (also this difficult to explain as a plus to non-evil, non-crazed weasels).

So let's change the subject, shall we? Of course we shall.
I am joining the sewing-a-skirt sew-along, which is here and hey, I have some lovely fabric stashed. Er, rather a lot of fabric, actually. Well, no, there's far more yarn. So that's good, right? Of course it is. I do need a nice skirt to wear as I swoop on unsuspecting victims. Tra la.

I also joined the Spring Forward KAL, which is here.

I have not yet put either of these buttons in the sidebar, as I am presently too deeply freaked out to cope with my template. I am of course continuing to plug away (when not in full frontal freakout) at the leaf cardigan and Hardangervidda, which I will not show you, as they look almost exactly the same as they did last time. And yes, that's a lot of knitting I'm lining up for myself. But I relish a challenge--better still, a really difficult one that will make me miserable. I can hardly wait. Grumperina's blog name is one of those things I read and think, oh yes! that is sooo meee! I am content in my crazed weaselhood, however, at least when the crazed part is less, uh, crazed.

We can now illustrate what we mean by this:

Image copyright 2006 C. Adams. Touch it and I send my weasel brethren out to get you. Thank you, dear. You are a wonder and a treasure.

The decorating project has now officially driven me over the edge. I am beyond freaking out and inhabiting some nether world where every move costs an additional thousand dollars. Yes, even the moves where I try to rein things in. As ever, I wish I were kidding. I really do. (another note to self: nether world = underworld. As in hell. Hm. Yes, that is what I mean.)

Would you like to see what an absurdly expensive dining room table looks like? It's really nice. It arrived today. I'm told it weighs 500 pounds. Imagine. Well, no, you don't have to. Here it is:


Absurd means...well, guess. Closest guess by next Wednesday wins yarn.

Team Boston's closing ceremonies party was a delight. My warmest thanks to Cara and the rest of the wonderful crew of intrepid teammates I met there--Anne, Sarah, Carole (thanks! hi, back at you!), Kathy, Hello Yarn, and on and on it went - what incredible, fascinating women! what incredible, fascinating knitting!

Now I want to go peruse sock yarn. You ladies have that effect, you know.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That table is gorgeous! The design is incredible. I can't begin to imagine the cost, but I want one.

I'm a Snape too.

11:01 PM  
Blogger Lucia said...

I'm Olympe Maxime. I knew I had been putting on weight, but this is ridiculous. Snape is probably the most interesting HP character, a complex mix of... complexity.

I emailed you my table guess.

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely table!

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a gorgeous table -- I will go ahead and say that, whatever the cost, it is worth it -- look at how luminous and silky it is.

Excellent choice, even if it's sent you round the bend.

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home