Thursday, February 16, 2006


Well, our story so far:
The Olympic Knitting is going, but not as fast as it would need to in order to really finish this thing on time. I really like how it looks so far. Don't you? Isn't it simply spiffing?

The bottom will be a hemmed picot edge. The leaf repeat is beginning to settle in my head - I keep switching technique as the chart line varies, sometimes one color in each hand, sometimes picking both off my left finger.

Um, the speed of "one leaf band per day" is NOT how fast I'm progressing. At least not so far. It's more like 75% of a leaf band, and that's if I do almost nothing else all day. Have I mentioned that this is 333 stitches around on a 3 mm needle? I didn't? Well, it is. actually I messed up the caston a little bit and it's really 334 sts around, but hey, extra cutting stitches never hurt nobody.

I'm going to have to slack off this and get more work done on the Actual Paying Knitting Work. There are two things (well, two and a half, now, since I'm now also writing a pattern), and they need more doing.

Watching the Olympics and doing this Knitting Olympic Challenge is wicked fun. Apart from the sore right wrist. I see Norwegian skiers and think, Hey! I bet Bagatell is loving this! Or I'll see the Canadians and think of Harlot. And who knew there even was a US women's hockey team? and that apparently a whole bunch of the team is from the Boston area? How cool is that? (It's not like women's hockey has a lot of support around here, folks; it's definitely more a guy thing) (which makes these scrappy women even more amazing, IMHO) I'm now rooting for strong local women, playing Hockey, and pointing out to my daughters, see? she's from a couple of towns away, and look! isn't that amazing?!?!


4 Comments:

Blogger Lucia said...

That sweater is stunning, Liz, as is the number of sts therein. "Stunning" in the latter case as in "rendering me speechless in contemplating your bravery in attempting such a thing."

My little baby sweater is progressing very nicely while you give me higher things to which to aspire.

11:54 AM  
Blogger dragon knitter said...

i was wondering where you'd gotten my blog, but then i clicked on yours, and found olympic knitting. wow, you have time to cruise all those blogs? btw, your sweater looks lovely! what us size is 3mm? i don't know them at all. and paying knitting? how do i get into that racket? i need a new job, lol.

keep up the good work, and go for gold (i think i'm gonna get tin myself, sigh)

11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH! It's beautiful, no matter what speed you're going at. I'm blown away by your mastery of all those colors, and your willingness to steek -- it scares the bejeebers out of me, and so I will live vicariously through you! You can do it, Liz!

3:05 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

She is, she is indeed!

The sweater is GORGEOUS. Simply stunning. :-)

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home