Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Yow! Haven't done that in a while!
So DD#2's Scout troop was doing knitting, and they needed someone to teach, and I volunteered (erm, I've been teaching knitting for 7 years now and have another session starting tomorrow night). Boy, it's been a while since I taught children at that level; last fall's fiber art workshop students were older and it made a big difference. It was fun, though. As expected, it took almost the whole hour to get some stitches cast on. I circumvented (some) frustration by jumping in and doing a few on each child's needles, and assuring them that if it gets loops on your needle, go with it. So then they were off! A whole batch of new little knitters born! It's so cool when they "get it;" I love that part. (no, I'm not verklempt; you don't have to talk amongst yourselves)

Thanks for your comments, everyone! Zowie--somebody reads this now and then. Go figure. I'll get a pic of the Bad Hat On A Head up soon, Tweed, and thank you, you and sep, for your kind words. (My hat still looks like crap. Yours look way better. Pout.)

Now, the Amazing project is--done! Tada! Lookie, lookie! (yes, Ruth, I'm bringing it tomorrow)




3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool. Will you bring it next week too so I can see it up close and personal?
Kathleen

8:51 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

That is so neat. What is it?

12:30 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Now I'm pouting ... I'm home with a sick kid (and no rear window in the van, let's not talk about that), so I won't get to see what-ever-it-is.

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home