Saturday, March 25, 2006


It works, it works! Finally!

At last, my laptop has taken pity on me and grudgingly agrees to recognize the USB port into which I have plugged a photo card reader. Aren't you just thrilled? I know I am.

So this is where the progress of the Formerly Known As Olympic project was a couple of weeks ago. It's moved on an inch or two since this. And the other picture is the Socks That Rock yarn that I scored at Rhinebeck last October. Fire on the Mountain, as it happens, along with some solid-ish black. I thought at the time, oooo, stained glass slip stitch pattern, for sure. And that's as far as it's gone. Except I did wind these two skeins into center pull balls on my handy dandy ball winder.

I'm taking a not-for-long break from knitting at this actual moment (not when anyone reads this--then, I'll almost certainly be knitting, no matter what time it is). I'm not sure how stable this new-found willingness to read photos again is for my laptop, especially since it rebuilt all the printer drivers and still won't print. Who knew a Powerbook could be so passive-aggressive? So I sort of think I should be running around taking pictures while the damn thing is agreeing to cooperate and let me view and perchance post said pictures.

I've been utterly hamstrung in attempts to knit with others, scoring a perfect "no group knitting at all" this week. Forlorn hi to everybody. Sniff. I even tidied up a ball of Duchess (well, the really incredible thing is that I was able to find it) for geekpixie, but it's too late to do her any good now. Still carting around the free lace project, though.

I've forgotten a whole bunch of times to post this link, but here, for your enjoyment, is one of the funnier LOTR parodies around: Aragorn and the Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Day. This is written by a progressive homeschooling mom in Canada. If you haven't read Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No-Good Very Bad Day, you aren't going to get it. But the rest of you, enjoy!

DH just got back from taking the oldest to see V for Vendetta, which I assumed was going to suck, but apparently there aren't as many explosions as one would think.

I'm not too late to sign up for this, so I think I'm going to be sewing a bag with sew? i knit! I do need to sew some fat suits for a production of Twelfth Night. But after that, fun sewing can happen!

Backtracking a little bit: I'm doing some design guidance for the costumes for a Shakespeare play that two of my kids are in at our co-op. This means that another much more brave and virtuous soul is doing a huge amount of work, and I am doing things like saying, "The court of Orsino will be reds, and the court of Olivia will be golds." And buying fabric. How many times in life can you have a sense of urgency about wide wale purple corduroy, hm?

Later, all, and happy stuff to you.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lucia said...

Yay for pictures! Yeah, I can understand why your guy is seriously into photography. He's rather good at it.

We missed you too. (cue music) When will we see you again?

10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! So glad it's working!

10:41 AM  
Blogger j a r e d said...

YES! pictures again! thank the blog-gods!

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home