Monday, October 08, 2007

I have just spent 5 hours replacing my hard drive.


Now I am downloading updates to five zillion things.

I am geek, hear me roar.

This is what I was doing to my precious, beloved little Powerbook G4, whose Airport card I've done, and RAM I did, and I don't remember what else, and I really really could not bear to hand it over to strangers so had to do it myself but needed to wait until I had an unlimited amount of time available and sufficient nerve:
http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/systems/powerbookG4_12in_HD_upgrade/PowebookG4_12in_HD_upgrade.htm

My sweet little machine no longer makes alarming "boing" noises when it tries to start up. Of course, I'll have to transfer a huge amount of stuff from my external backup drive, but hey, I got nothin' but time, right? Of course right.

Yay.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

I guess I know whom to call, then, when mine needs to be replaced. I got the 500GB external drive to help free up space on my hard drive, but I'm thinking more memory might be useful, too.

1:14 AM  
Blogger Lucia said...

Right, of course. And I might call you too at some point.

7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, can I send you my ibook?
I tried to get the fried hard drive out and couldn't get the bottom of the case off! I'm soooo close to taking it to the Apple store, but 1)I don't want to pay them what they'll charge me and 2) I sort of wanted to do it myself.
But again, that damn bottom wont come off and I'm afraid I'll crack it!

9:05 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

... and you have a backup drive, which ... yay, you!

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Ryan D said...

Great bllog you have

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home