Monday, August 27, 2007

When in doubt, ask


I got my grade! I got my grade!

Official online posting is on the 29th, but as you probably noticed I was getting...um...pathetically overwrought. So I emailed the teaching fellow.

And I got 107.5 points out of 117 on the final exam, and an A for my final grade.

(Crazed weasel now spends rest of afternoon dancing around the house.)

Oldest kid says, "Mom, you do realize that everyone except you knew you would get an A, right?" Ah, but only I know how shaky my knowledge of the auditory system really is. And how terrified I was that I had somehow fundamentally misunderstood a whole slew of questions. Apparently the only stuff I got wrong is the stuff that is burning in memory as "oh, god, how could I not know that...shoot me, someone..."

Good heavens, there are still days where I wake up, mentally run through the agonists and antagonists for the four neurotransmitters (two subtypes each) we covered, and I *still* get stuck.

But...gee. And Alberto Gonzalez resigning, too. Today is a good day.

Cheers, all!

5 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

We all knew it, but you still need to hear it from the TA. Congrats!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

*snigger* And have the kids all pointed out what a hopeless nerd you are? :-)

1:28 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Raising a glass of lemonade in your honor over here ... brava!!!

12:03 AM  
Blogger Lucia said...

Brava indeed! What oldest kid said. Dancing fully justified, however. I have no doubt that you thought about all the neurons making it possible as you danced.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Lorena said...

I am toasting you with my morning coffee. Congratulations! I knew, of course, that you could do it. ;-)

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home