Thursday, August 16, 2007

Slightly weird


No, I don't have my grade back yet. Sigh. Maybe next week. Sigh, sigh, sigh. I did have a very nice discussion with an advisor at Harvard Extension - very helpful, huzzah, saving me from myself (which is a good thing - yes, probably adding the graduate seminar in neuropsych isn't a good idea); she thinks I'm "one of those" who is probably getting an A and just obsessing because I can't stand to not know EVERYTHING. I am in fact obsessing for aforementioned reason, but I also really think I'm borderline on the A/B dividing line. The suspense, oh how it kills me. Please, please, please finish grading soon, guys. The worry isn't false modesty, folks. I did the math, and I'm pretty borderline, but it's possible to pull this off, based on what I recall of the questions and what I gave as answers.

Did I mention that I'm a little weird?

I took middle child and youngest to Old Navy this evening to try and find some jeans that fit me and middle, and perhaps some underwear that fits littlest. All three of these are somewhat challenging tasks. We succeeded, but it was disorienting.

I am now officially freaked out by Old Navy's new sizing that they sort of sneaked in there, that I've read about on other blogs. Because, dudes, I'm wearing size 4 long now. Now I have no real objection to being in better shape; I feel good, the reduced weight helps my knees not hurt, and I save money on wine because it only takes one glass to pretty much do me in. And, yeah, 23 pounds or so will drop at least a size, but ... this is ridiculous.

One thing I'm noticing is that although I'm not consciously trying to, I am drifting toward re-creating what I was physically when I met dh. Hair-do, body shape, etc. I have no idea what my subconscious has planned for me. I'm mostly grateful that the cognitive impairment is fading, or at least in remission. It's probably some level of "okay, back to the starting point, maybe we can re-wind and have a do-over."

I got to Javaroom to see people last night! Yay! So hi! I worked on the endless scarf project, still going strong - I just haven't been knitting much at all. A design submittal package came in today, so I don't know, maybe I'll do something. I'm not too optimistic about how I'll do with a firm publication deadline at the moment, owing to being basically weird, still, but we'll see.

Oh, also, the hard drive I have isn't really wrong for my laptop; it's going to be fine. And I discovered Harvard Tech Support will not allow a person to order a hard drive to install herself; they insisted (!) on doing the job for me. Yeah, right, like I'm going to turn over my poor hosed little hard drive to a perfect stranger? In its weakened condition?? I don't think so. I've fixed everything on this little munchkin myself (apart from replacing the motherboard), and I'm not about to let a random dude mess around with it. Especially when I don't think he's even cute.

If it had been the other guy, with the mohawk he's growing out and the pirate earring, then maybe we'd be talkin'...

Just a random, cheering thought: Karl Rove is resigning.

and more Linkin Park (aren't I annoying with this??):


and here's some Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, if you're interested.

And yes, I hope my camera doohickey works again, soon, too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jena said...

If you need a hand with the Mac, you can always drop Dave a note - he's cute and he knows his way around a Mac. That's why I'm marrying him. ;) :-P

Good luck with waiting for the results - I'm sure you did very well. :)

11:01 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

It was wonderful to see you last Wednesday. And wow, size 4!

I'm rooting for that A!

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home