Wednesday, January 11, 2006


A WIP - "Waving Lace" socks
Or sock, rather, as it is only one so far.

You can nearly see that I've finished turning the heel and am picking up gusset stitches. Or maybe you can't. It's not your eyes, the picture is a little bit blurry; I'm still nto very good at focusing with the digital camera. Or any camera, for that matter.

Yarn: Lorna's Laces. Fabulous!
This was a Rhinebeck purchase, and fortunately Ruth made sure I didn't leave without enough for a pair of socks. Thanks, Ruth!

Now to get ready to go to the opening night shindig at ART - "No Exit" is opening tonight. I think the Boston Globe (or perhaps another paper?) called it the "much read but rarely performed". I'm looking forward to it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

I'm an enabler, but in a GOOD way.

How was the play?

7:24 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Yes, you are an enabler, and it can only be good in this case :)

The play was not bad. DH & I (along with most people) had never seen this performed, and it was okay. The trouble is that it's such a pure piece of writing that both of us had very clear ideas of what we expected it to be like, and of course there's no way that it could possibly be what I or he imagine. And we couldn't really fault the theatre for failing to read our minds, now, could we?

It could have really sucked, but it was just fine. We've seen these particular actors in so much stuff that it was distracting sometimes--I kept thinking, hm, has Paula Plum gained weight? or gee, Karen MacDonald is looking well. This is not quite what Sartre intended an audience to be thinking. Will LeBow continues, however, to be thoroughly amazing, even though he's such a familiar face.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home