Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Cookie swap time!



Okay, so it looks like several of you can come to a second annual (is it really annual if I've only had it at my house once?) Knit-In and Cookie Swap! Friday, December 5. Or whatever the Friday is. At my house. So email me if you don't know where that is, okay? Okay! Let's say 7 pm? And I will have non-cookie food there, in case of cookie overload?

The way it works is you make a bunch of cookies, and everyone else makes a bunch of cookies, and you leave yours and take home a sampler of some of each of everybody else's. We're not a picky crew, honest, so recipe experimentation is fine, having no time at all and buying a bag of chips ahoy is fine, too. Madam Twisted and Warped made marshmallows from scratch last year - extremely yummy.

I may resurrect the weird cookie experiment one of my friends did in college, with Excessively Strange Flavored Cookies, like mustard-grape, tuna-mint, and the strangely appealing (and yet not) Sudafed Chip. Or maybe they'll just be odd but still edible. Butterscotch-Curry sounds appealing, no?

Anyway, hi! This week I've turned in a paper, a chem problem set, taken one exam tonight and will be off to study for another one tomorrow night and then there's another chem test Monday night.

And otherwise I haven't emerged from the Crazed Weasel Pit of Perpetual Studying since...um...a while. But hello. It's all good. Sudafed-chip-good, sometimes, but pretty darn interesting at least.

How're you?

3 Comments:

Blogger Lorena said...

Note to self: make a box of cookies appear at Liz's, all the way from Florida, by Dec. 5th. Include sunshine.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Jena said...

I'm not sure yet if I'll be able to come - this semester of puppy class is on Fridays but I'm not sure of the time - and it starts on the 5th.
(I really have become the invisible knitting friend.)

9:48 AM  
Blogger Lucia said...

How about ear wax?

Grant's concert is not until the 14th, which means with luck he won't have a rehearsal that night (regular rehearsals are Weds, dress is the Friday before, which would obviously not be that Friday unless something weird is going on). Which means with luck I can make it! Which would be most excellent.

My verification word is twing, which is maybe a happy twinge?

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home