Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The pendulum swings...



...into a more intensive, more structured, more functional mode. Did well on my chem test (which is, er, surprising)(we got them back tonight - huge curve, but still). Spent a bunch of time today getting problems done, which is the only way to get comfortable with chem problems - doing lots of them.

I also did some more structured homeschooling with littlest dude, who unlike his two older sisters is NOT spending all waking hours working on a novel for NaNoWriMo. We made Irish soda bread, to tie in with learning about the potato famine. Tomorrow, we'll do a traditional lamb stew. For which I have purchased some lamb. Go, me.

I actually got to go to knitting on Sunday at Peddler's Daughter in Nashua (hi, Jen!), for the first time in goodness-only-knows-how-long. It was a nifty place, and a very nice way to spend some time. Oh, yeah! I like knitting! Even more so with other people. Mysteriously now that some progress has taken place on a project, I feel slightly more in control of other stuff, too. Go figure. Perpetually re-learning the same stuff, sometimes; I will pretend that on successive go-rounds, it's a deeper kind of learning. Yeah, right.

I'm now lead director for our production of The Tempest, in a switcheroo necessitated by circumstances. Weirdly, I feel like now that I have both filed for payment on dental insurance claims AND cleared off a section of kitchen counter, I am damn near unstoppable, so Whoo Hoo that we planned ahead sort of and can shift the team o' three to a slightly different configuration. Suck-o-rama, that we had to.

AND....It is now November Two Digits. And I think I should invite you all for a Second Cookie Swap. Especially since I never see most of you. How does early-ish December look for y'all, hm?

5 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

Amazingly, I will actually have free days with nothing planned Dec. 10-13. Unless, that is, David's planning something without telling me.

1:18 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

I have the weekend of the 5th free, with the 7th slated for the Bazaar Bizarre. Next weekend is taken up by a train ride to see Emett Otters Jug Band Christmas with my dad ;)

9:24 AM  
Blogger Jena said...

How has a year gone by already? Wow. I'm in for a cookie swap but don't know what the calendar looks like yet. Pick a date and I'll do my best to be there. :)

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm tied up the first two weekends of December with open studios... but could probably squeeze in an evening cookie swap.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Lucia said...

I'm in too. Grant's concert is the 14th, which means if we have a tree-trimming party it will have to be either the 7th or the 21st. I'm actually leaning toward the 21st on the theory that less stuff is scheduled that close to Christmas because people think, "nobody will come if we do it then, it's too close to Christmas." In any case, I'm probably free for a cookie swap any time except the afternoon/early evening of the 14th and whenever our party is. It would be lovely to see you, almost like getting close to a reclusive movie star. Can I get my picture taken with you?

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home